Find Out How Sabja Seeds Can Save You From The Summer Heat
In this ever-changing and rapidly evolving world, everybody tends to change their lifestyle accordingly. Not just living beings but also nature gets affected. Living beings face the brunt when nature amplifies the weather by extreme climate changes. So during summer, when the scorching sun heats the environment and the body, all you would want is to cool down your body temperature and stay healthy, hale, and hearty.
Ayurveda, the ancient science of natural health and also of producing Herbal products is revered and followed widely across India. A balanced life holds the key to maintain a disease-free and healthy life. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. We have to make our health and immunity tougher to face the harsh weather outside by cooling down – mentally, emotionally, and physically. A balanced daily routine like what and when we eat, when we exercise, leads to a relaxed mind, which in turn results in a relaxed body.
Ayurveda offers a wide variety of Herbal products to keep the body cool and calm. These cooling agents help in fighting off the common summer discomforts and common ailments like constipation and digestive issues. These natural cooling agents are blessed with bundles of medicinal qualities. These Herbal products not only cool down the body heat but also heal stomach ailments, headaches, and heat disorders.
There are 3 doshas according to Ayurveda which govern the body, and they are Vata (Wind), Pitta (bile), and Kapha (Phlegm). During summer Pitta is the most affected.
Pitta governs and controls the metamorphosis and metabolism (digestion) in our body. During summer Pitta is the most affected thus resulting in various ailments like:
- Uncontrolled Sweating
- Extreme heat generation in the body
- Swelling of the Joints
- Nausea, Diarrhea or Constipation
- Bad breath
- Body odour
- Anger & Irritation
Pitta when overheated or ruffled, results in our life being thrown out of balance. This adversely affects our emotions (eg anger and impatience), our body (eg sweaty, skin rashes, sensitive skin), and also behavioral patterns.
There are many products available that act as a body cooling agent, but the most widely used and effective natural product is Sabja seeds.
Herbal product-Sabja seeds are nothing but Basil seeds. They belong to the family of Sweet Basil (Ocimum Basilicum). They are not just meant for growing Basil plants- it’s widely used in different healthy cuisines and body cooling refreshing drinks. They go by different names like Falooda seeds, Basil seeds, Tukmaria seeds, etc. They are often mistaken with Chia seeds. Both have different nutritional values and shouldn’t be confused with each other.
Sabja seeds are black and look similar to white sesame seeds. The seeds cant be chewed on when they are dry. We have to soak them, and when soaked they produce a gel-like coating, double up in their size, and are easy to chew on. They have a bland flavor and are commonly used to season foods, baked goods (powdered form), and in many recipes of smoothies and beverages as well which help in cooling the body and prevent certain infections.
They are packed with nutrients and boost immunity as well. Some of the health benefits are listed below:
- Cooling the body
- Help in losing weight
- Regulating blood sugar
- Relieving stress
- Improve Digestion
- Reducing Inflammation
- Skin Care
- Immunity Booster
- Reduce Constipation
- Stimulates bowel movement as it is a laxative
Some of the profound benefits of the Herbal product Sabja seeds are listed down below:
Cooling Ingredient in Beverages
- The seeds produce a gum-like substance when soaked in liquid thus making the drink a bit chewy and fibrous
- Sabja seeds are widely used in many refreshing and cooling drinks in India and Southeast Asia. The usage trend is gradually increasing in Western countries like America as well.
- They can be used in Faloodas, bottled or packaged fruit, or lime-based beverages
- Nowadays they are also used in Smoothies, Ice-creams, lemonades, and many other drinks
- You can also use them with yogurt
- It can also be used in cereals like oatmeal, sprinkled on bread/muffins, and also it gets easily infused in whole grain dishes
Good source of Minerals
- Sabja seeds are packed with Calcium, Magnesium, and iron which are vital for the good health of bones, smooth muscle functioning, and also in the production of red blood cells.
- People who don’t eat meat or dairy products can include Sabja seeds in their diet and thus fill the deficiency of iron, calcium, and magnesium.
Packed with Fiber
- Sabja seeds are high in fiber, especially soluble fiber and also Pectin
- The prebiotic benefits of Pectin include nourishing and increasing anti-inflammatory bacteria that support bowel health
- Pectin helps in increasing increase hormone levels, delays emptying of the stomach, and promotes a sense of fulness.
- Pectin also helps in lowering blood cholesterol levels.
Thickening, Flavourless and Stabilizing Agent
- It can be used to stabilize and also as a fat substitute in salad dressing, jellies, yogurt, mayonnaise, and low-fat whipped cream.
- Can be used to thicken sauces, desserts, and soups as the seeds are very fibrous and produce thick pectin-rich gum.
Rich in Plant Compounds
- Basil seeds are rich in plant compounds like flavonoids (antioxidants) which help in reducing heart disease risk and other polyphenols.
- They also help in cutting down the damage to cells
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties are also found in Sabja seeds
Plant Source of Omega-3 Fat
- Sabja seeds also contain Alpha-linolenic Acid (ALA) which is rich in Omega-3 fat which meets most of the bodily needs required for a day.
- It primarily produces sustainable energy for the body in summer
The Herbal product-Sabja seeds are the need of the hour to beat the heat, stay cool and be healthy.
Leave a comment